September 13, 2007

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to my (very first) blog! Here I will be discussing, and experimenting with, technology in the context of teaching and learning. But first, it might be prudent to say a few things about myself, by way of introduction. If you already know me, then by all means, skip this entry; if you do not already know me, then I am pleased to make your acquaintance.

My name is Grant B., and I am a prospective Social Studies teacher. I recently graduated from University with Bachelor's Degrees in History and Philosophy. Aside from my interest in history and teaching, I enjoy sports and music. When it comes to sports, my favorite one is hockey, and my favorite team is the Edmonton Oilers. As for music, I am a big fan of rock (e.g., Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Rush, etc.), and I used to play the drums from time to time. As I mentioned, though, those things are not what I am truly passionate about; my passion--or my mission, as I like to think of it--is to teach young people about the world in which we live, with the hope that these young people can help improve our world in some measure.

So there. Now you know me. If you are so inclined, I would like to hear a thing or two about you (or you can just post a link to your own blog, I suppose)...

1 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Grant! What a Blog! what a Blog! very impressive! sometimes I'm called "Beechy"